Online video is a cost effective way to promote your business to what is now a computer savvy world. You can use video to promote your product or service, explain what your company does, teach customers how to use your website, software or mobile app and more.
When done the right way, video can generate a return on investment that will pay off exponentially in the long term.Businesses small and large are investing in video at an ever-increasing rate. In fact, 33% of online retailers said they were planning to add video to their website during 2010. Video is no longer the future of the Internet, it’s the here and now.
So why is everyone jumping on the video bandwagon?
1. It’s Affordable
Practically anyone can build a video these days. From Flip cams to cheap software, like iMovie, Camtasia Studio or Screenflow, it only takes a little creativity and a few hundred bucks to put something presentable together. Long gone are the days of polished 30-second spots, with oversized crews and exorbitant agency fees. Even hosting is free, using services like YouTube or Vimeo.
2. It’s Effective
- Between January 2010 and January 2011, the average time people spent watching video online grew by nearly 50% (Nielsen Corp)
- With proper optimization, you are 53 times more likely to show up on the first page of Google using video than you are using traditional SEO tactics (Forrester)
- Visitors who view product videos are 85% more likely to buy than those who do not (Internet Retailer)
3. It’s Profitable
If you weren’t convinced by the stats above, let’s take a look at Premiere Game Tables. After adding video to their e-commerce website, conversion rates tripled for the shoppers that viewed them (read case study). In addition to increasing conversion rates, online video that is implemented properly, with a dynamic sitemap and strategic meta info, can provide a significant boost in organic search traffic. According to the wizards at Forrester, you’re 53 times as likely to show up on the first page of Google search results using video as you are when using traditional SEO techniques.
So what are you waiting for? Online video is affordable, effective and profitable, and with ever decreasing attention spans, it’s up to you to create a voice that will be heard by consumers.
Now it’s your turn. How are you using video to boost your bottom line? Let us know in the comments!
- 4 Reasons Video Should be Part of Your Marketing Strategy
- The Future of Online Video – Wake Up and Ride the Trend
- 5 Tips for Using Online Video to Market Your Business
- 7 Ways Online Video is an Affordable, Effective Marketing Tool for Small Businesses
- 5 Ways Small Businesses Can Take Advantage of YouTube